Monday, May 27, 2013

In the midst of trouble

Now the wait, wait on the phone to ring....

Waiting is something that none of us want to do for almost anything in life, we are spoiled! I was anxiously waiting on the phone to ring to be able to travel and take Hope to a LLMD to get a clinical diagnosis of whether or not she has Lyme Disease.  The day finally came and the receptionist called and said, "Mrs Nichols you can come on May 20th!"  I was thinking but what about school, exams, then the receptionist said or the next available appointment is the middle of July! "We will be there!"

Hope and I load up travel for 5 days.  (Ben had to work the business' and preach!)  We arrived at the appointment on that Monday, May 20,2013, that morning I just prayed God give me the strength and the grace that I need today because I know already in my heart that I was going to hear the words, "Mrs Nichols your daughter has Lyme Disease."  It is not the words that any parent ever wants to hear about their child, but at this point with hope being sick for 1.5 years and the not knowing it was if a burden had been lifted!!!!  Sounds totally crazy but I felt at peace!  I knew that God was there in the doctor's office, I knew that God spoke through that doctor when he was optimistic on the treatments for Hope.  I knew that for the first time that one of my prayers had been answered, there is hope for Hope!

More later on what all this now means for Hope.....


No comments:

Post a Comment